Support the Reborniverse

Baby compositing steps - Google Buzz Lawsuit (Day in my life)



A bit of random photography. I've been putting different major moves into motion all weekend. Today I wanted to take a creative me day. So I grabbed my camera and fired up photoshop



Baby steps from Joshen Reborn on Vimeo.

I had one of those rare moments today when I just fired up my editing program with no particular project in mind and just messed around. All I could think of was a lake at night, and anyone who has seen any of my video knows I have a thing for lights. I just have this need to add glows and rays to things. I did this all out of a clip of a few particles of dust, I am calling it compositing baby steps because I am really just getting my feet wet as it comes to advanced motion graphics and advanced compositing. Adding explosions and fires is easy but creating a clean and polished video is hard. So I guess I'm practicing.

I received a rare email from Google alerting me that I was part of a Class Action settlement revolving around some Google Buzz controversy. Now I am the first to admit, I love all things Google and there is a 80 percent chance that I would never sue Google for anything, the other 20 percent accounting for negligence on Google's part that ends up getting me hurt, and Human/American greed. The issue being addressed was Google Buzz which some claimed violated their privacy rights, because they were automatically enrolled and personal information such as contacts and what have you were shared with others.

Sadly I must admit that this is true. One day I woke up and I was also apart of Google Buzz, I was following random people and it was all very much not of my doing. I can also proudly admit that I don't feel like Google gave away any information that anyone couldn't find by simply Googling me. After much deliberation I decided that I will do nothing and accept the terms of the settlement. Google has distributed 8.5 million into a fund for this suit in particular but not one red cent of that money will reach it's way to me. It's going to non profits and blah blah blah. Oh did I mention that every person in the U.S. with a Google account is part of the suit?

Just to be clear, this is not a settlement in which people who use Gmail can file to receive compensation. Everyone in the U.S. who uses Gmail is included in the settlement, unless you personally decide to opt out before December 6, 2010. The Court will consider final approval of the agreement on January 31, 2011. This email is a summary of the settlement, and more detailed information and instructions approved by the court, including instructions about how to opt out, object, or comment, are available at http://www.BuzzClassAction.com.

Excerpt from my first class action suit *Tender Moments*


In other Reborn related news,

Election day is coming to a close so my three part epic political video trilogy is over *Sad face* It was fun while it lasted, hopefully the next trilogy I make will have the honor of gracing the silver screen.



FYI, It felt good to do such a weird and yet totally honest post, granted that the Teddy Bear is both weird and funny I like the way the picture came out.

Cheers and Self Appreciating Teddy Bears!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share it!

Followers

Labels

100 visitors (1) 3D Imaging (1) 6 yr old (1) Abstract (1) adventure (5) advice (5) ambition (11) Android (1) Announcements (1) Apocalypse (3) art (5) Author (1) Avid (1) Awesome (1) bad days (1) Balance (1) Ballet (1) balloon 6 (1) Balloon boy (1) Batman (1) Beam struggle (1) before the internet got hard (3) Bills (1) Black Friday (2) Blog Fodder (2) blogging (5) bloopers (1) Boobs (3) Books (1) boxes (1) Brand (1) Broadway (1) Bullies (1) Business (17) Business Don'ts (1) Busses (1) celebrities (1) Cerebral palsy (1) change (2) Chappelle (1) Character Building (1) Characters (2) Cheat for pay (2) Christmas (3) Cinema4D (1) Collabs (1) Community (1) conflict (1) consumerism (1) content (27) CookiBox (1) Creators Block (1) crime fighting (1) Crowdfunding (1) culture (3) D.N. Angel (1) Dawn Reborn (1) Dead Ass (1) Defining the Decade (2) Depression (7) Desperation (3) Doctor Who (1) dreams (2) Drinking (1) Dynamite (1) Economy (4) Editing (1) Events (1) Experience (6) Facebook (2) failures (1) Fallacy of Logic (2) Fame (8) Fashion Week (2) Fear (6) filler (2) film (8) Filmmaking Techniques (1) Final Cut Pro (1) Flakes (1) Flash Photography (1) For Free (1) From the Ashes (1) Game Changers (1) Gaming (2) Girls (4) Global appeal (1) goals (1) Gold (4) Good (2) Google Analytics (2) Google Glass (1) Google+ (1) Grandfather Paradox (1) Graphic Design (1) Gucci Mane (1) Guide (2) Haiti (1) Happy Bear (3) Happy days (6) Haters (1) Help (2) Heroes (5) Hidden Post (1) History Channel (1) hobo (1) homeless (3) Honesty (1) Hope (14) Human rights (2) Incomplete Work (1) industry (1) Innovation (1) Insanity (4) Insomnia (1) International audience (1) invention (1) Ipad (1) Iphone (1) Jesus (1) Joshen McEwen (1) Joshen Paper (1) Joshen Reborn (62) Joshen-isms (8) joy (2) JRTV (1) Kickstarter (1) Klout (1) Lady Gaga (1) Laws of motion (1) Lay it to rest (1) Liar (2) Lie (2) Life (18) Life Changers (2) Limitless Creations (6) Logos (1) Love (2) lyrics (1) Manhood (1) Marketing (3) memories (2) Men who stare at goats (1) Milestones (1) Mobile App (2) Model (4) Money (8) Movies (2) music (7) Mystery (2) N900 (9) n97 (1) Near Death Experience (1) New Media (10) New Package (6) New Year (1) NYC (3) Obstacle (1) opportunity (1) Orahs (2) Paper Bag Man (1) paranormal activity (1) Passion (2) Pen (1) Performances (1) Perseverance (4) Photo Shoots (1) Photography (12) Photoshop (1) PlayStation (1) Pocket Watches (2) Poem (1) President Obama (2) Press Release (1) Product Photography (1) Progress (50) props (3) Quirky (1) Rant (4) Reality (6) Reborn Moments (1) Recap (1) Red Son (1) relationships (1) rewards (1) Riots (1) Rome (1) Sad day (1) Santa (1) schemes (2) Science (1) Sex (4) Shame (1) show (3) Sick (3) Sitcom (1) Sizzle Reel (1) Social Media (3) Sony (1) Sony Vegas (1) Sponsors (1) starving (1) Stephen Hawking (1) Store (1) Strategy (2) subway (2) Success (40) Super Stars (2) Support (3) Survival (1) Sweet (3) tears (1) Teddy Bears (1) Tesla (1) The Dark Knight (1) The Devil (1) The invention of Lying (1) theater (1) Thought (7) thoughts (11) Tila Techila (2) Time Travel (1) Tips (1) tips to attract an audience (5) Traffic generating tips (3) trailer (2) transformation (2) Trey Songz (1) True Blood (1) Tutorial (3) Twitter (3) Unanswerable Questions (1) Unicorns (1) universal implosion (1) Updates (7) Video (27) Video Reborn (11) Videography (7) viral (3) Virginity (1) Vital Information (1) Vlog (3) Web Series (2) WesleysList (1) Whatever you like (1) Window Heat (1) Writing (8) YouTube (3)